Ruff be real here, pumpkin season has begun. You know holiday season is right around the corner. Holiday treats are a big part of the season. We all love tasty treats, so do your dogs. Why not do some baking for your dog as well? Here are a few recipes you can whip up for your buddy.
Peanut Butter & Pumpkin Treats:
Pumpkin pie, you can’t give your dog a slice of your pie, but you can make them some special pumpkin treats. Turns out, pumpkin is great for dogs—there is a good amount of fiber and beta-carotene. Dog bodies take beta-carotene and convert it to vitamin A. Pumpkin also helps with diarrhea and constipation.
Make some of these delicious goodies for you dog and they’ll be giving you kisses for days.
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup oats (if your dog is on a gran free diet, feel free to use ¼ cup of grain free flour
- 3 cups whole wheat, brown rice or gluten-free flour
- 3 tablespoon of natural peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon, do not use any nutmeg or a pumpkin spice blend
Directions: super simple
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the flour, oats and cinnamon together in one bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the eggs, pumpkin and peanut butter together everything is combined.
- Then stir in the wet ingredients.
- Once all the ingredients are combined, roll out the dough to ½ inch thick.
- Use cute dog cookie cutters.
- Bake the cookies for 30-35 minutes until they are golden brown and delicious looking (well for your dog)!
- Once they are done, let them cool and harden.